Avocados are full
of vitamins and minerals and they are so tasty. They can be eaten raw or added to salsas and fruit juice
drinks to make them extra healthy and delicious.
Avocados are best to eat as soon as they are ripe; this is when the fruit feels soft when squeezed very gently.
- Vitamin C helps our bodies fight disease.
- Folates help us make healthy red blood cells.
- Folate which is very important when you are pregnant to help to stop birth defects and reduce the risk of a miscarriage.
- Vitamin B6 to keep our nervous system healthy.
- Vitamin E to protect our cells from damage from other harmful substances.
- Fibre to keep our digestive systems healthy.
- Healthy fats are very important fats that help lower cholesterol and keep our hearts healthy.
- Vitamin K helps our bodies absorb more calcium to keep our bones and teeth strong and healthy.