Red beans contain carbohydrates,
protein, fibre, folates and many other vitamins and minerals. These help our
bodies to keep our cholesterol low, help to keep our hearts healthy and keep
our blood sugar at a good level.
- Carbohydrates give us lots of energy.
- Protein help our bodies grow and repair.
- Fibre keeps your heart healthy, and help to lower your cholesterol.
- Folates are very important during pregnancy and during the first 1000 days for babies’ brains and spinal chords to develop well.
- Iron makes healthy red blood cells.
- Manganese is good for our nervous system.
- Phosphorus is good for our bones and teeth.