- Obtain seedlings from a KEPHIS registered nursery near you.
- Ensure a spacing of 30cm by 45cm at planting.
- Use manure or fertilizer at planting and mix well with the soil to avoid scorching.
- Water the plants regularly.
- Remove old or diseased kale leaves.
- Top-dress after 1 month (try Mavuno) and spray with Easy Gro Vegatative foliar after each harvest.
- Remove weeds as soon as they grow.
- Monitor/Scout your field daily to detect diseases and pests early.
- Avoid damage to the stem at harvest to ensure a continuous supply of kale leaves.
- Kale leaves are ready to harvest after 60 days of planting.
- If pesticide/insecticide was used, take note of the PHI as indicated on the label.
Click here to download a detailed growing schedule for kale.