- Obtain seedlings from a KEPHIS registered nursery near you.
- Ensure a spacing of 45cm by 45cm at planting.
- Use manure or fertilizer at planting and mix well with the soil to avoid scorching.
- Water the plants regularly.
- Plant new crops often to ensure a continuous supply of spinach.
- Top-dress after 1 month (try Mavuno) and spray with Easy Gro Vegetative foliar after each harvest.
- Remove weeds as soon as they grow.
- Monitor/Scout your field daily to detect diseases and pests early.
- Control plant damage early to increase yield.
Spinach leaves are ready to harvest after 60 days.
If pesticide/insecticide was used, be keen on the PHI as indicated on the label.
Click here to download a detailed guide on growing spinach.