Cassava and Goat Stew
- 1/2 kg cassava
- Cow pea (kunde) leaves
- Goat meat
- Lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Properly skin the cassava then boil it in water.
- Once it's boiled, drain the water and add the goat meat, milk, salt and the chopped ginger plus garlic.
- Squeeze in the lime juice and add the chillies to the mixture.
- Cover and allow the milk to evaporate.
- Prepare the cowpea leaves(kunde). Steam the leaves for 2 – 3 minutes. You can boil them, but use very little water and don’t over cook them, otherwise lots of the goodness is lost.
- Cut the kunde leaves into small pieces and fry with onions. Serve it with your goat stew.