Chicken with Green Peas and Matoke Ugali
- Chicken cubes
- 6 pieces of Matoke
- Green peas
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- Natural yoghurt
- Salt & pepper
- Maize flour
- Boil the green peas in salted water for a few minutes. Drain and put aside.
- In a pan, put a little oil and let it heat. Apply paprika on the chicken cubes and fry each side for 2 minutes until brown. Put aside.
- In the same pan, add chopped onions, and garlic.Fry them and add carrots and tomatoes, and cook until they are tender. Add a pinch of salt and the yoghurt. Once mixed, add the chicken and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Peel and chop the matoke then boil in salted water for 10-15 minutes until soft. Drain the water into a bowl and mash them.
- Return the mashed matoke to the stove. Add some hot water and some flour to make ugali with the mash.
- Serve the chicken stew and matoke ugali with steamed spinach.