Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped garlic and ginger
- 1-2 lemon and limes
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1/2 a teaspoon of black pepper
- Cooking oil
- Chop the garlic and ginger.
- Fry some onions with a bit of oil and add a tablespoon of the garlic and ginger mix. Add a pinch of salt.
- Add the chicken and gently stir so that it begins to brown.
- Then add tomatoes and two tablespoon of honey.
- Squeeze some lemon and lime juice into the mixture. Ensure that the seeds don't get in as they will make your food bitter.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir really well. Then put in your spices – half a teaspoon of turmeric and half a teaspoon of black pepper.
- Leave the chicken to cook for the next 15 minutes so the sauce is nice and thick.
- Serve with brown ugali and a green leafy vegetable of your choice.